Options

How does this compare?

MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
I found this job advert here
IT Technician – Windows, Exchange, AD, 1st, 2nd Line job in West Malling, Kent - CV-Library.co.uk

just wondering what you think of it as it is more of a 2nd line role than 1st line.
It does seem to be asking for a lot for just £17k a year ($27k USD?) How does this compare to jobs in the USA, salary and skill wise?
Cisco certified people with experience should be paid a lot more than just a meagre £17k per annum. Office/admin/receptionists workers over here in the UK in London and surrounding counties get paid about £16k-£18K per annum.
I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.

Comments

• Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    At my wits end with recruitment agencies. I just phoned up about this role
    More jobs, more choice at reed.co.uk, the UK

And asked a few simple questions like is it Monday to Friday, what are the hours and can you tell me more about the role please. I also asked would they look at someone who is Cisco certified and has some 1st Line experience.
    Her response was "it's best if you just send your CV and we'll get back to you if we are interested. We can't give any more details at this time"
    But how can I apply for a role if I don't know if it is right for me.icon_rolleyes.gif
    Reading is nearly 50 miles from where I live and so knowing the hours etc is very important especially since I have to traverse the M25.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.