Options

Critique my resume

JasonXJasonX Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
So after completing my CCNA, I am now going to heavily search for a Network Engineer/Admin position.

Could you guys provide any insight on what I should change? I tried attaching as a .pdf and .doc, appears it only accepts images.

2016 Certification Goals:
CCIE R/S Written: ???
CCIE R/S Lab: ???
Add me on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-meier/38/912/280/

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    JasonX wrote: »
    So after completing my CCNA, I am now going to heavily search for a Network Engineer/Admin position.

Could you guys provide any insight on what I should change? I tried attaching as a .pdf and .doc, appears it only accepts images.

Do you know what a network engineer position actually involves? I would try and factor that into your resume. You may not have done it, but getting over some awareness and your capabilities to learn OTJ to execute professionally, would really be a plus point for a self starter wanting a break.

Speaking as a Network Architect/Engineer with over 10 years experience in Network support, engineering and design, we are always on the lookout for fresh blood. Just get over your appreciation of what the job takes and how you think you can do a job there and grow into a position and I would call you in. A career in networking is very much a long term thing. Nobody understands us, everyone needs us and to be great at it takes years.
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Can you try linking to a file-sharing type service? It's really difficult to read.

Either way, Turgon's advice is sound.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340