The way forward

VandishVandish Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
So, just as a little background for my dilema: My undergrad was information systems, got sec+ and mcp to meet the minimum requirements for DoD IT personnel. I'm currently working through a masters in systems engineering, i.e. needs analysis, design, test & integration, operational support of complex systems.

Long story short, after a small quarter-life panic, I decided that additional certifications would be a good way forward. The MCITP:EA exam seems to mesh well with my masters in terms of planning networks.

My question is: what would be a good place to start? I've been tossing around this order of exams so far: 70-680, 640, 642, 643, 647, with 646 thrown in there for the SA cert as well. Does seem like a decent place to start?

Comments

• sasprosaspro Member Posts: 114
    Personally I'd go 640, 642, 643, 646, 680, 647. The 680 exam requires a bit of server knowledge which overlaps a bit with the 646. The 646 in the middle also gives you a new "big" qualification to spur you on. It gets depressing knocking out loads of exams to still be an MCTS after 4 exams.