Options

Failed 70-640

Absolute84Absolute84 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

I failed my 70-640 yesterday (590). I had been studying religiously for about 4 months (2-3 hours daily, labs and reading)

I was using the Self Study Kit (non R2) and then I realised it was not the relevant book so I got the new ones (R2). I found the books were easy to read but only now do I realise after failing they aren't adequate to pass the exams.

I had questions regarding schema attributes, advanced security audit policy and a few other subjects which were either missing or not in depth enough.

Passing this exam will help a massive amount with trying to progress my life and also I cant afford to keep retake so its important I repare a lot better for another attempt.

Can anyone offer me any useful advice, I would really appreciate it. I don't really want to turn to exam crams but any good exam simulations etc.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Absolute84 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I failed my 70-640 yesterday (590). I had been studying religiously for about 4 months (2-3 hours daily, labs and reading)

I was using the Self Study Kit (non R2) and then I realised it was not the relevant book so I got the new ones (R2). I found the books were easy to read but only now do I realise after failing they aren't adequate to pass the exams.

I had questions regarding schema attributes, advanced security audit policy and a few other subjects which were either missing or not in depth enough.

Passing this exam will help a massive amount with trying to progress my life and also I cant afford to keep retake so its important I repare a lot better for another attempt.

Can anyone offer me any useful advice, I would really appreciate it. I don't really want to turn to exam crams but any good exam simulations etc.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry to hear, it's a tough exam. I would download the exam objectives and lab through them again.
    Try the Server 2008 R2 unleashed book. It's big, but more detailed than the MS press book.
    Technet is great and make sure you are labbing with the R2, and at least Enterprise, so you can use the features.