Options

Google Analytics Real-Time Beta

EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
Anyone played around with this yet? It's pretty neat. I just noticed it today, hadn't really looked at my Google Analytics for weeks. I'm sure it'd be much more entertaining to watch on a site (like this one) that gets more traffic.

Comments

• Options
    bryanthetechiebryanthetechie Member Posts: 172
    Well, we have dozens of clients who use GA, but none of them are using real-time beta (that I know of). I'm not sure it's really taking off as Google intended. Most people need to match up monetization data with their GA data, and it currently takes most of the next day before previous-days GA data is updated. Real-time GA data is only good to monitor traffic during time-sensitive campaign pushes, such as holidays or month-end extra-budget spends. However, without being able to mash up monetization data in real-time, it's only useful as a gauge for how much extra traffic you are hoping to monetize.

A much better move for Google would be to finalize their previous-days data much earlier the next day.... please, google, please.
  • Options
    INeedCertsINeedCerts Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Google analytics real time beta is fun to look at, but I only use it if I want to see if advertising on the radio has an immediate impact.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My fiancee just added this to a couple of websites that she runs. So far, it's working great with tracking how much traffic their websites see.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    IIRC, it has been there since late last year.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    yep Its been on my page for many months now :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.