How much do you drive to work?

kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
What the title says.
How much do you drive to work?

Approx 45 mins here.
meh

Comments

• VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    I work multiple sites in a Tri-ctiy area but my shortest and where I actually keep an office is about 7 minutes...longest office about 25 minutes.
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • blindroxblindrox Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    just one town over - usually takes about 20 minutes with traffic
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    37 miles (about 59 km) takes about 55 minutes.
  • odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I don't care for commutes. I'm 7 miles from work and it still takes me 25 minutes. If I find a new job, Ill commute until my lease is up and move. Some of the benefits of being a renter.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
    5 miles/20 minutes drive.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    About 5 minutes.

15 for a bike ride :)

1 hour walk.
    Im trying to make the communte even less.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• thall860thall860 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    About 7 minutes, 2.5 miles. I bike in the summer when its nice and it takes 11 minutes.

The best part is going home for lunch to break up the day!
    Had all of my WGU courses but too much to keep up on. I am working at it, will let you know when finished.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    25 min because of good traffic.
    30 minutes because people get scared of the rain for no reason....
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    17 Miles, 45 minutes with traffic
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • qcomerqcomer Member Posts: 142
    About 60 miles one way or so.

Take about 1 hour 15 mins
  • coty24coty24 Member Posts: 263 ■□□□□□□□□□
    about 45 mins in the morning, 30 in the afternoon.
    Passed LOT2 :)Working on FMV2(CHFI v8 ) Done!
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    About 17 miles which can take as long as 45 minutes depending on traffic.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    30 mins on a good day, 45 to an hour on a bad day. There were several major crashes on the highway a week ago and I was trapped in traffic for over an hour and a half. Not fun...
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Takes me about 5 mins to stubble down stairs in the morning :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My current job commute is 5 miles away which can take as long as 25 minutes depending on traffic but it's much better than my previous job commute which ranged from 45-90 mins on average. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    22.5 miles across the twin cities, north to south. 25 minutes with no traffic, but add even the slightest bit and it can be 45 mins or longer.
  • ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Bokeh wrote: »
    22.5 miles across the twin cities, north to south. 25 minutes with no traffic, but add even the slightest bit and it can be 45 mins or longer.

Same here, more or less. Just south of the MN river to N Minneapolis. About 17 miles, 25 minutes with clear conditions and no traffic. A normal day of rush-hour is 40-60 minutes. A bad day is 60-90 minutes. Snowstorm or major accident is 90-180 minutes.

I also drive to client sites fairly frequently. They can be as far as an extra hour away.

I hate my commute.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • bertstarebertstare Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    15 minute drive for me.
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    120 miles round trip, luckily I have an interview with a company that's only 7 miles away next Friday.
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Aldur wrote: »
    Takes me about 5 mins to stubble down stairs in the morning :D
    What is it that you do from home?
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    1 mile so about 3 mins to work and 3 mins home.

icon_lol.gif
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • BalantineBalantine Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    About 30 minutes perfect. Extremely convenient because it helps me keep in balance. I listen to Teaching Company lectures and other interesting podcasts. An hour a day... sometimes more because I have to travel to clients as well. I attribute creative success in the moment for new and interesting problems to being a more well-rounded and effective person.
    dulce bellum inexpertis
  • networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Going to work = ~21 miles - 25 - 30 minutes
    Going home = ~21 - 30 - 60 minutes
    120 miles round trip, luckily I have an interview with a company that's only 7 miles away next Friday.

I feel like your pain. As I posted above, about 60ish miles one way. Been working here almost 3 years. icon_rolleyes.gif

Network Admin for a school district.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    qcomer wrote: »
    I feel like your pain. As I posted above, about 60ish miles one way. Been working here almost 3 years. icon_rolleyes.gif

Network Admin for a school district.

you must be getting big bucks. How do you handle all the milage on the car?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

Roguetadhg wrote: »
    you must be getting big bucks. How do you handle all the milage on the car?

Riiight....big bucks icon_rolleyes.gif lol. Private Sector makes more in terms of big bucks around here in California. I make a pretty good salary for being 23 yo and the area I live in ($64,000 a year) so I cant really complain., plus the benefits are pretty good. But, I also have 2 kids, a wife and do foster care.

I have a 91 Civic that I drive to work. Gets good mileage and change the oil every 3,000 miles.
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    25km, time depends on the time of day

before 7am - 20 - 25 minutes
    7am - 9.30 am - 35 - 50 minutes
    10am - 5pm 35 - 40 minutes

Thats on my bike - suzuki dl1000

Usually ride up to my parents place in Brisbane (approx 900km north) 4 - 6 times a year.
    Can do it in one day but a lot more fun to go the long way over 2 -3 days(1200 to 1400km)
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    30 mile round trip... about 35 minutes each way.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    20 miles each way. Takes anywhere from 45mins. to an hour because the last few miles are on a two way road (base is in a remote area) and that's usually where the congestion lies.
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!