Options

Testout and CBT Nugget differences.

BIGTEXTBIGTEXT Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone first post here.

I am 24 and have been tinkering around with computers since I was 12 or 13 years old. I have always built my own high end systems for gaming and such. Plenty of experience troubleshooting different issues.

I have both Testout and CBT nuggets for both A+ exams. I notice that the CBT nuggets videos are extremely in depth for example motherboard form factors: ATX is so many inches X inches, Micro ATX is so many by so many, etc. Where as Testout just kind of says yeah this one is smaller than ATX.

So I am just wondering exactly how much do I need to know for the exam? As I said I am already rather proficient in building and troubleshooting PCs. But I sure don't know how many inches wide a certain form factor is. Not sure how in depth my studying needs to go.

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    The topics you'll see on the exam are listed on CompTIA's A+ page, (you'll need to download the objectives.) That's the authoritative 'what's what' of things you should be studying.

It's also important to know that each study guide and resource, whether it's a book or video series, rarely covers 100% of what's on the test. Each author and content creator gives their best-effort based on the exam objectives outlined by CompTIA, (the same is true for other vendors' exams,) so it's always a good idea to have at least two different resources to study from. . . such as a book to go along with your videos.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.