Network + exam on thursday

minidanielsminidaniels Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey all,

Im taking the network+ N10-004 exam on thursday mourning (bit nervous), was just curious
as to how many points are awarded for each question and as a percentage what is required?
And i heard you get 100 points just for attending?

Thanks

Comments

• zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    It's not that you get 100 points for attending, the scale actually starts at 100. The possible scores are between 100-900.
  • minidanielsminidaniels Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    The questions are very likely weighted differently so you don't know how many points each question is worth. Also, as zrockstar mentions, the scale is 100 to 900, so the math isn't straight forward. If you get every question correct, you'll get a score of 900. If you just show up, pay your money, but don't get a single question correct, you'll get a score of 100. You need a passing score of 720.

For the fun of it, I just played around with the math. The exam has 100 questions. A maximum score of 900 divided by 100 questions gives an average of 9 points per question. This doesn't work out perfectly because the questions are very likely weighted and you do get 100 points just for showing up.

Another way of looking at is that the scale only has 800 points. 800 points divided by 100 questions gives an average of 8 points per question. A score of 620 divided by 8 points equates to 77.5. Or said another way, if you get 78 questions correct (and they were weighted equally) you'd get a score of 724. 78 * 8 = 624. 624 plus the given 100 points is 724.

While the math is interesting (well, maybe only to me), when preparing to take the exam, your best bet is to master as much of the material as possible with a goal of getting as close to 900 as possible. The knowledge you gain will help you in your career and in other exams. If you study with the intent of only getting a 720, you may end up with a 716.
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck and let us know how you did.
  • minidanielsminidaniels Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Darril wrote: »
    The questions are very likely weighted differently so you don't know how many points each question is worth. Also, as zrockstar mentions, the scale is 100 to 900, so the math isn't straight forward. If you get every question correct, you'll get a score of 900. If you just show up, pay your money, but don't get a single question correct, you'll get a score of 100. You need a passing score of 720.

For the fun of it, I just played around with the math. The exam has 100 questions. A maximum score of 900 divided by 100 questions gives an average of 9 points per question. This doesn't work out perfectly because the questions are very likely weighted and you do get 100 points just for showing up.

Another way of looking at is that the scale only has 800 points. 800 points divided by 100 questions gives an average of 8 points per question. A score of 620 divided by 8 points equates to 77.5. Or said another way, if you get 78 questions correct (and they were weighted equally) you'd get a score of 724. 78 * 8 = 624. 624 plus the given 100 points is 724.

While the math is interesting (well, maybe only to me), when preparing to take the exam, your best bet is to master as much of the material as possible with a goal of getting as close to 900 as possible. The knowledge you gain will help you in your career and in other exams. If you study with the intent of only getting a 720, you may end up with a 716.

Thanks alot for the clarification! Much appreciated will definitely aim as high as possible! Will let you guys know how i go!