undercover job buzz word meanings

keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
What

it seems i have worked all these jobs
Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons

Comments

• Options
    dustinmurphydustinmurphy Member Posts: 170
    Those are good descriptions of those buzz words, however there are some people who actually fit them. I've always felt a sense of loyalty to my company (as long as they're loyal to me)... so, I fit many of those descriptions (even the "between the lines" descriptions)...

What has it gotten me? Well, a lot of experience... understanding of how businesses work... and some loyalty from my company... let me explain..

The company I worked for didn't have all those buzzwords in their hiring ad, however after working there for a little while... I realized that they were not said... but existed. I was a single person IT department expected to give 110%... do what they asked... etc... pissed me off greatly... well, after working there for 1.5 years... I got sick... EXTREMELY sick. The company PAID for my 6 months of short-term disability... then when I got on long-term disability... they hired my wife as a "contractor" (working 9 hours a week...) to cover the difference between my paycheck and the disability... not only that, but they're covering the COBRA payments for my health insurance.... so, even though you may feel that you're getting screwed... they may REALLY surprise you.

I'm not saying EVERY company is like this... as I would suspect most aren't. Just saying that although they may fit that bill... they may be more generous than you thought. :)