Seeking advice to take up my ccna

sriramrsriramr Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi. Im Sriram doing my engineering. I'm planning to take up my ccna exam on June 1st week and Please tell me whether this exam needs coaching from institutes like **** or something like that. If suppose I study at home then what all areas should I concentrate and do I need any softwares for this exam? Please guide me on how to study for this exam and what all areas do I need to concentrate more to get a high score?

Comments

• RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't like your font.

You can study for this at home.
    You should study all the areas - you will be tested on all of the areas.

You'll most likely end up picking up 1 of these: 1 video set, 1 lab software, 1 book.

Videos:
    CBTNuggets, INE.com, TrainSignal, Youtube.

Lab:
    PacketTracer, GNS3, Boson NetSim

Book:
    Wendell Odom, Chris Bryant, etc... Look on amazon.

If you're planning to go further than CCNA, you'll want to invest in lab equipment.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Sorry, but if you are taking the exam June 1st and you don't even know the objectives right now, you have a busy, busy 3 months ahead of you. I would agree with all those resources Rogue listed, those are great and are probably the most common and best bet. I also agree with Rogue that your font isn't any good. icon_lol.gif
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    I don't like your font.
    I 2nd that.

Also, since the link you posted was blocked, I'd suggest not to use whatever you tried to type in, I do believe that what you have in mind is brain **** site. Honestly though, like zrockstar said, if you don't even have a clue on what the objectives are, then you probably won't pass at all.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Man I do hope that wasn't a brain **** site. Bad bad bad!
    Anyway, yes back on topic. You could try packet tracer, but there's also various free online sources you can try such as the one on the routeralley website and packetlabs. I'd start by watching the CBT nuggets video series and at least have two other written sources.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.