Options

What were your scores on Linux+?

techinthewoodstechinthewoods Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm interested to hear from Linux+ exam takers:

What score did you get on each exam?
How long did each exam take you to complete?

Comments

• Options
    Okason1Okason1 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have only taken the first part LX0-101 which I took at the end of January and I barely passed, I scored 509. I started to study in November, I barely knew anything about Linux before I started and my aeverage study time is 7 - 10 Hrs per Week. I used the study guide by Roderick Smith and I supplemented with Linux Administration - A Beginners Guide by Wale Soyinka.

My experience is that the Roderick Smith Study Guide covers almost everything, however you have to use supplementary materials to broaden your understanding of each topic. Another thing everyone will tell you is practice and practice, which should not be a problem with VirtualBox. I am planning to take the second part within the next 3 weeks.
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I forgot my scores but I studied about 2-3 weeks per exam (but I have linux experience).
  • Options
    techinthewoodstechinthewoods Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Newbie question: are the tests taken on a computer, or on paper?
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    ronni_linuxronni_linux Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have only taken the first exam, planning to take next exam this Saturday....I've scored 600, it took me one hour to take the exam and i prepared for about 2 months with Trainsignal videos and Sybex book. I have also installed virtual Ubuntu box on VMware where I practiced the commands.
  • Options
    shred805shred805 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    got a 740 on both.
  • Options
    BaconatorBaconator Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    660 on 1st half
    770 on 2nd half