Options

Just passed my CCNA on Monday

breakbreak Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
947/1000.

Wooo. Just had to brag after all the lurking.

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. I know thats got to be a big releif. Are you going to go for CCNP next. WHat materials did you use to study if I may ask.
  • Options
    MstavridisMstavridis Member Posts: 107
    Congrats!!! Keep studying and working hard! Have also ask did you use a lab and what kind of lab did you have setup?
  • Options
    beach5563 wrote: »
    Congratulations. I know thats got to be a big releif. Are you going to go for CCNP next. WHat materials did you use to study if I may ask.

I used the following:

Paid/borrowed: Cisco Press book for CCNA 2nd Ed., CCNA(accelerated) bootcamp course with New Horizons

Free downloads: Yap Chin Hoong's "CCNA Complete Guide", Joshua Plata's "Introduction to subnetting", ICND Review Questions (All modules) on cisco.com, CCNA Exam Topics (wikipedia'd the topics on cisco's website)

The only labs I used were during the bootcamp and configuring the routers/switches on which I work at my job. Personally, I think I would have passed the exam without the bootcamp but I would have missed one of the sims on the test.

Hilariously, I spent 30 minutes on that single question determined to answer it correctly and still finished the exam in 65 minutes.
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Wow, great score, congrats! I haven't seen the Yap Chin Hoong stuff, where do you find that at?
  • Options
    OscedumirOscedumir Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    +1 on the Yap Chin Hoong guide. Very informative and well laid out. You can find it here: files - Yap Chin Hoong
  • Options
    ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    break wrote: »
    947/1000.

Wooo. Just had to brag after all the lurking.

Congrats on the pass!!!! Great score too! What was the toughest topic you dealt with? Any advice for future test-takers?
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • Options
    THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gifCongrats on pass, this is encourage as well!! What is your next step?
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • Options
    Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Congrats!
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    Congrats as well man that's quite an accomplishment. Now onto the CCNP!
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Great job.
    Keep up the momentum!
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    zrockstar wrote: »
    Wow, great score, congrats! I haven't seen the Yap Chin Hoong stuff, where do you find that at?

Here's his Blog site - www-itcertguides-com
  • Options
    NAT/ACLs were my worst section. Everything else I had a pretty much perfect score on. :]
  • Options
    Volt+Volt+ Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    NAT/ACLs were my worst section. Everything else I had a pretty much perfect score on. :]

Did those happen to be the sim questions or just multiple choice? Did you actually have to build lists for NAT and ACL's?
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□

NAT and ACLs were my favourite. I took a tip from here and over studied on those areas as I heard a lot of people found those hard. WAN too. I took the advice that if loads of people say its scary then it probably is.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.