Permission on Folder script

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
Hi

Would someone kindly help me out with a script, my knowledge on scripts is pretty non existent but I am now in a situation were one would come in pretty handy for me

I have to change "view hidden files" and go into C:\documents and setting\all user\application data\"***" in here there is a folder I am adding "Everyone" and giving "Full Control"

I am also going into C:\Progame Files\"***" I am also adding "Everyone" and giving "Full Control"

Reason its a piece of software that needs to be updated when a standard user is logged in

I would love to be able to run a batch file that added "Everyone" to both these folders giving "Full Control" permission

Is this a simple one

Any help is much appreciated

Lee

Comments

• kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    This is doable. You would want to use icacls. There is so much in there that you are better off opening up cmd and typing icacls /? so that you can fine tune it to what you want. I wouldn't give the everyone group full control though. You could do authenticated users instead. Also I wouldn't give full control they should only need modify.

Edit: here is something that should get you started if not be what you need:

icacls "C:\documents and setting\all user\application data\folder" /grant Usersicon_sad.gifM)

The frown is : ( without spaces
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Thing is I am vising about 20 sites and using a USB drive to install this said program and also making it update-able
    by a standard user, the whole "Full Control" thing is me just following orders, I agree "Modify" would suffice

So my only tool would be a batch file I could run

Cheers for your help

Lee
  • qcomerqcomer Member Posts: 142
    Bring it up that full control allows them to change permissions.

Why not push with a goo?