Options

Path to take

kiwi168kiwi168 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I am currently in the business to become a licensed penetration tester. I am trying to figure out the route to take for certifications. I have done some research and have yet to find any that are closely related to my situation.

I currently have 3 years of working on large scale networks for the military under my belt and have 3 more left. So I will have a total of 6 years’ experience in the field when the time comes to look for my job. I am also currently pursuing my BS degree. I am working towards Computer Science/Software Engineering. I also have my associates in Electronic Technology systems. The current certs I have are Network+ and Sec+. I am trying to find out what routes I need to take to land me a good paying job doing penetration work. Not sure if I should work towards my CEH and CISSP. If so what path should I take to get to those?

Any information will be helpful. Thank you for your time!

Comments

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    There's really no such thing afaik in the US as a 'licensed penetration tester'. Thats a term used by EC-Council. But that said, a CISSP and CEH will help you land a job as a penetration tester. If you plan to focus on app penetration testing, havingsome software development experience helps a lot.