Options

Icnd1

sriramrsriramr Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi. Please tell me how to clear ICND1?
Please brief me so that while preparing I can seek your advice.Also tell me how many days this exam needs preparation?
icon_redface.gif:)

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Use the resources from your previous thread: http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/75148-seeking-advice-take-up-my-ccna.html

It'll take however long it takes. Theres no set "day" you'll be ready.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    As Rogue said, it would all depend. It depends on your skill level now. If you have worked on networks for years, you could just "touch-up" and pass in a few weeks. If you know very little about networks, it could take 6 months or longer. There are alot of things that we don't know about you that we would need to know to answer this for you.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is a certification that actually requires knowledge to pass the exam. Though, you may get lucky and get hardly any SIM's and the questions be all theory of a network. This really isn't a certification that you browse through the bullet points and learn the topic, you actually have to dive in deeper with your studies and learn the basics of networking and then learn how to configure a router/switch.

However, like others have said - there's no set days that are required to pass the exam, but you'll need to get a book and maybe some other type of learning, like CBTNuggets or TrainSignal.

For me, I know that I'm in Cisco for the long haul. I went out a bought some routers and switches and setup my home lab. Though, this isn't required for ICND1 at all. You can get away with using GNS3 or Packet Tracer. Since I know I'm going to be going onto CCNP and possibly (fingers crossed) CCIE, I've prepared myself we numerous equipment.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    xbuzzxbuzz Member Posts: 122
    I did ICND1 from no networking knowledge to test in 2 weeks, self study. I had no other commitments though (other thank drinking at weekend). It also depends on how motivated you are, as in how much study you can cope with per day and if you have to ability to learn stuff fast e.g. I "got" subnetting the first time I saw it in CBTnuggets video and was able to do any subnetting in under 20 seconds, so I only had to revise it again the day before the exam and in total only had to spend about 2 hours learning/practising it overall, if that. Others take longer to learn, just depends on the person.

Of course, when you learn things that fast, you must realise, that you can't just stop studying and applying your knowledge after you get the ICND1 or CCNA or whatever, you have to keep studying every so often to keep it, just as with anything.

I also had a physical lab, which helped a good bit, but which I think will come into play more for ICND2.
  • Options
    MAC_Addy, I hope we'll be in the CCIE forum making a blog :)
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• Options
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    MAC_Addy, I hope we'll be in the CCIE forum making a blog :)
    Would be cool! I've got a long way to go! I'm hoping to have ICND1 out of the way next Saturday and then straight into ICND2. I'm hoping that this time next year I'll be finishing up CCNP, then definitely on to attempt the CCIE.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    You mean you'll get your numbers and post them up on TechExams :)

No attempts, just passing!

I may have to take a small detour from the CCNP when I pass the ROUTE. I haven't been able to purchase switches yet. :\

• Options
    That's a good way to look at it.

I've been looking at 3550's and 3560's - expensive!
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    xbuzz wrote: »
    I did ICND1 from no networking knowledge to test in 2 weeks, self study. I had no other commitments though (other thank drinking at weekend). It also depends on how motivated you are, as in how much study you can cope with per day and if you have to ability to learn stuff fast e.g. I "got" subnetting the first time I saw it in CBTnuggets video and was able to do any subnetting in under 20 seconds, so I only had to revise it again the day before the exam and in total only had to spend about 2 hours learning/practising it overall, if that. Others take longer to learn, just depends on the person.

Of course, when you learn things that fast, you must realise, that you can't just stop studying and applying your knowledge after you get the ICND1 or CCNA or whatever, you have to keep studying every so often to keep it, just as with anything.

I also had a physical lab, which helped a good bit, but which I think will come into play more for ICND2.
    Did you use any books or practice test or just videos? I have CBT nuggets and Packet Tracer. I also have the Sybex book by Todd Lammle.
  • Options
    xbuzzxbuzz Member Posts: 122
    You should do fine with those. You could get bosons exams too, I think they're worth it, although expensive. If you don't have the cash for bosons, i'd just create my own test by writing out every question I could think of on cards with answers on back then keep going over them.

I had cbtnuggets, wendell odom's book and chris bryants study guide. I have a real lab too, but you don't need that for icnd1 that much anyway.