Options

In persone User groups

odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
What user groups have you been to and for what reasons? Networking, find a new job, material?

I see several post how to break into the industry. I went to my first Cisco User group and was amazed on the turnout. Ended up being standing room. 120+ people. Even saw some people connect for some interviews.
Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action

Comments

• Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    I've been a member of my local Cisco group for a while (SCCUG), but meetings start when I get off work and the location is 25+ minutes away. so I have yet to make one. Although, some of the topics seem extremely interesting and I would like to attend at some point.

There are a lot of Infosec conventions that happen around here as well. There is one in specific, that if you go, you have to either bring something or speak on a topic. I think it was infosec at the beach or something. I would like to attend that one as well.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What user groups have you been to and for what reasons? Networking, find a new job, material?

I see several post how to break into the industry. I went to my first Cisco User group and was amazed on the turnout. Ended up being standing room. 120+ people. Even saw some people connect for some interviews.

Nice work!

I joined PMI and connected to the members on Linkedin. It's an 1 hour drive and only happens once a months, and have yet to make it. I do plan on attending though.