Options

GNS3 urgent issue. Console doesn'T work anymore!

thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guyz, i spent my whole day on GNS3 learning. I learned how to add PCs and get them run.I overcame a lot of issues but they do not come to an end. The damn crazy issue i have had so far is "no console window appears anymore" i right click the devices but nothing happens. It worked before but nothing seems to work right now.

Why im trying to struggle with GNS3 is to see how SDM works with it. Cos, i started to study CCNA Security and need to learn about this SDM. configured loopback interface on my computer, saw it on the cloud on GNS3 and about to launch the SDM
but can't see the console to enter ip http server command on the router. If i could do it, i would connect to SDM.

Help me!
Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)

Comments

• Options
    fsanyeefsanyee Member Posts: 171
    Did you try to restart GNS3?
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I fail to see how this issue is urgent.
  • Options
    Well, this one will make everything reverse. i managed to solve the issue by loading another IOS. However, im gonna drive crazy because i can not seem to get SDM work. I tried many times, different loopback configurations, restarting PC a lot but SDM still gives the same 2 errors.

I put the loopback interface into same subnet with the relevant device im attempting to work with SDM , but nothing works. I watched plenty of videos explaining how to connect a loopback to a router. Nothing changed.

Well, i configured the loopback succesfully and achieved to add it to GNS3 and saw the loopback name at the Ethernet section. But, i can not ping
    succesfully from my command prompt to the router or reverse.

Configured IP address is 172.16.1.10 for loopback, 172.16.1.2 for router interface

Now, this is urgent.icon_redface.gif
    Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)

• Options
    Eventually did it. Im not sure how but i both changed the IOS image and created a new topology first. Then, i saw that pinging worked when i allowed dynamips, gns3 and others from damn norton software. But it didn't solve my problem completely. Because, while i was pinging from loopback to the router, i couldn't do the same at the opposite side. Then, i tried to completely disable norton and i did it.

But, there is another problem. i can launch the SDM, however, doesn't open the page for me ( just showing the page in two lines at the center of the screen and it seems a java problem.

How to beat that?

• Options
    fsanyeefsanyee Member Posts: 171
    SDM works with old version of java. I used java 1.6.
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    You need to take a look at this link. SDM 2.5 Release Note  [Cisco Router and Security Device Manager] - Cisco Systems

Start with that to tackle the SDM issues. I highly recommend using Dynamips/Dynagen without GNS3 on a Linux machine rather than on Windows. Less headaches.