Options

WGU equivelant for England??

Hi Guys,

I see alot of our American Friends doing the WGU. Is the an equivelant for England something like the Open University where you can transfer qualifications to put towards a degree???

Am not sure If the Open University does this or not have emailed them and am awaiting a response.:D

Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

Comments

• Options
    Ch@rl!3m0ngCh@rl!3m0ng Member Posts: 139
    Hi Guys, (And Gals)

I have heard back from the Open Uni and they do take certs in to account. So if anyone in England fancies a degree then you may want to check them out.
    Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    I would love to be able to get the MSc in Advanced Networking Engineering, but the CCNP courses are not available to the USA. Interestingly enough, the research project is available.

Anyone know if there is a similar program in the States?
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Dunno about the US, but Charles Sturt University in Australia has online programs that include credit for certs.

I know some UK schools have MBA programs where you pass purely by exam. I wonder if there are IT-related programs with similar parameters? If I think of it this week, I'll look.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers