Options

SDM screen is blank.

thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
I achieved to overcome lots of problems. However, when SDM is opened, it shows me nothing. I restarted the OS, GNS3, i renewed the topologies, IP addresses assigned and projects with new loopbacks. Besides, the router model im trying to access doesn't support ssh, so, i can not input "transport input ssh" command.

Im gonna blow my head. Cos, i can't seem to get this work. So, how am i supposed to study CCNA Security?icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

Here is my screen : http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h453/Ozgun_Sunal/Cisco/SDMblank.jpg

same thing with IE : http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h453/Ozgun_Sunal/Cisco/sdmblankinie8.jpg
Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)

Comments

• Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    SDM problems are almost always Java related. Don't use the newest version of Java. Go to the Cisco page and find the versions of Java officially supported. I think the newest one is 6u3, which is pretty old.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    SDM problems are almost always Java related. Don't use the newest version of Java. Go to the Cisco page and find the versions of Java officially supported. I think the newest one is 6u3, which is pretty old.

Same, i tried everything possible. I even changed the IOS images probably caused by them. However, nothing changed. It shows me the same blank screen with IE and Firefox.

How to downgrade the java and use it ith the web browser?
    Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)

• Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    You need to go back through the other threads you started on this same thing. We've given you the answers. Ensure the router you're using is SDM capable, and ensure you're using the correct version of Java.
  • Options
    QHalo wrote: »
    You need to go back through the other threads you started on this same thing. We've given you the answers. Ensure the router you're using is SDM capable, and ensure you're using the correct version of Java.

You maybe right. But, i have tried it on another computer and same result. Routers i used are definitely SDM capable. i examined the correct java versions and compatible browsers with the SDM. Nothing changes. Im stuck here. Do not know how to solve. I have never met such a problem before. Probably, beat much more worse issues but this one is just stupid. icon_redface.gif

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I know when I was playing with SDM, the problem was definitely a Java problem.
    I loaded a really old version of Java and it started working.
    I would certainly look at that.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had a java problem with mine - it would load everything BUT the additional tasks, very annoying. I'd recommend uninstalling all versions and re-installing with an older version.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Yeah, the Additional Tasks thing was definitely Java related.
  • Options
    Men, i have read thousands of events about this. But, still doesn't work. I have never experienced something like this before. Im driving nuts and struggling on this for two days. I can't count how many older version of java i installed and used with older version of browsers also SDM. I can not
    continue my Security journey just because of such stupid thing.

At last, i installed firefox 3.6.3 however, it says java not enabled even its enabled. From 1.5.0 to 1.6 update 14 , i tried every of them. However, nothing happens. I attempted to run it on another computer which is win 7 and result is same.

Could anyone be more specific about at which version of which browser you executed which version of java?

• Options
    By any chance, you're not closing out the window that says "Do not close this window" are you? I'm not intending to insult your intelligence here.

Also, what router are you trying it on? And can you do a sh run, then copy and paste on to here, please.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    No way. I finally installed jre 1.6.0_03 but every option in SDM is greyed out, i mean inactive. The best thing i can do is reaching this step but nothing further. BTW, I have tried c2600, 3620 and 3640 IOS images so far. I wasted my two days with such thing. Terrible!icon_twisted.gif

Web browsers : IE8 and billion versions of firefox
    java versions : do not ask cos almost all versions do not seem to work.

Most common errors i have encountered

1) Firefox 3.6.3 told me " java not enabled" while java is active
    2) jre 1.4.2 and above through 1.6. have displayed following messages below

a) IE8 with jre 1.4.2 crashed while SDM is loaded
    b) IE8 showed me an hour glass spinning constantly
    c) IE8 didn't launch SDM even though i typed the dest. IP and then nothing happened.
    d) While SDM is loaded, the SDM menu appeared all greyed out, none of them was clickable

3) newer version than 3.6.3 did the exact same thing on 2)d.

Still no solution

• Options
    thedrama wrote: »
    No way.

Sooooo. You're asking us to help you, but you're refusing to show us the running config? You know you could just delete the passwords with X's and any other sensitive information that may be in there.

Which versions of C2600, 3620 and 3640 were you using? I think there's only a few specific IOS's that will support SDM.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    thedrama wrote: »
    So, how am i supposed to study CCNA Security?

The only other option is to wait until 640-554 comes out :P SDM isn't available anymore, so it won't be in this exam.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    Sooooo. You're asking us to help you, but you're refusing to show us the running config? You know you could just delete the passwords with X's and any other sensitive information that may be in there.

Which versions of C2600, 3620 and 3640 were you using? I think there's only a few specific IOS's that will support SDM.

Nothing special. I just connected the loopback interface to cisco 3640 router (IOS version 12.4)

the image is : c3640-js-mz.124-25dUnZ.bin

here is the running config

r1#sh run
    Building configuration...

Current configuration : 769 bytes
    !
    version 12.4
    service timestamps debug datetime msec
    service timestamps log datetime msec
    no service password-encryption
    !
    hostname r1
    !
    boot-start-marker
    boot-end-marker
    !
    !
    no aaa new-model
    memory-size iomem 5
    !
    !
    ip cef
    no ip domain lookup
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    username xxx privilege 15 secret 5$1$JFsD$uv6LRFQaIORGdLtT/xbVq0
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/0
    ip address 172.16.0.2 255.255.255.0
    duplex auto
    speed auto
    !
    interface FastEthernet1/0
    no ip address
    shutdown
    duplex auto
    speed auto
    !
    ip http server
    ip http authentication local
    ip forward-protocol nd
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    control-plane
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    line con 0
    exec-timeout 0 0
    logging synchronous
    line aux 0
    line vty 0 4
    privilege level 15
    login local
    transport input telnet
    !
    !
    end

• Options
    fsanyeefsanyee Member Posts: 171
    640-544 is out, and you can take that exam, but there is no offical guide out yet.
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    New firefox versions aren't compatible with old versions of java. You're stuck with IE.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    Looks like everything is okay in your config - again, i didn't mean to insult your intelligence here, apologies if it did.

Did you try changing the speed/duplex? I know that sometimes when my devices have a finky problem I go to the speed/duplex to test it out.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    Im not sure about if changing regional settings to English or to be able to type the transport input telnet ssh command solved my problem. However, its certain that one of these did.

Now, everything can be clicked. Besides, i can see all information about my config. and regarding router.

Here it is the demonstration

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h453/Ozgun_Sunal/Cisco/SDMworkedbychangingregionalsettingstoEnglish.jpg

• Options
    alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Note the last date to sit the iins v1.0 security exam with sdm is 30th sept.

The new one doesn't have sdm

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/co...?view=overview

IINS v2.0 (no sdm)
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13753
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014