Options

When should I move on ...

lfcwhoelselfcwhoelse Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
Please advise trying to study of ICND1 and got various material to do so. I am not progressing further and not moving from the basics (learning OSI layers binary to decimal/hex), I don`t know how much of this part I will need for the exam but its bugging me icon_sad.gif Can anyone advise ??

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You'll still need to know how to subnet fast. You won't need to worry about VLSM or supernetting.

You could pass without knowing how to type things in, but I'd recommand boson netsim, as it's enough for what you'll need at ICND1. $100.

CBT nuggets is great for ICND1.

Pickup a book from amazon.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Find packet tracer and download it. I suggest that you buy the Odom Library set 3rd edition since it has the pdf book of the hardcover books.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    OSI layer and subnetting are very essential parts of ICND1 ... if you want to pass a cisco exam you should master both. specially subnetting is an issue that will not go away...
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    If you are not progressing further in those areas, it sounds like you need some live help. At least a video series or something. I think a lot of books try to over simplify binary conversion and subnetting. The best is to learn from a real person that already knows how to do it. Try to find a friend or coworker that can help you, or at least check out some videos on youtube.
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What material are you using? books,vids?
    Do you have packet tracer? this is a great help for ICND1 and 2.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Packet tracer is for cisco academy alumni / student only. Thread's author doesn't seem to have any goals with the usual cisco propaganda :)
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    MrXpert wrote: »
    What material are you using? books,vids?
    Do you have packet tracer? this is a great help for ICND1 and 2.

I have all the material already cbt videos/trainsignal, books etc, I even have the hardware two cisco 2950`s and two cisco 2621xm routers (but not used them as yet)
  • Options
    OSI layer and subnetting are very essential parts of ICND1 ... if you want to pass a cisco exam you should master both. specially subnetting is an issue that will not go away...

Thanks !!