Options

Firefox doing stupid stuff

Novalith478Novalith478 Member Posts: 151
Hey all,

so all of a sudden my Firefox has started saving my sessions/passwords. I have it set to never remember history, so that when I close Firefox all together, it automatically logs me out of all the things I'm logged into (fb, YouTube, Twitter, etc). Now for some reason, even when I close Firefox completely, if I open it again and go to fb/YouTube/Twitter, I'm still logged into those sites.

When I log in, I un-check the "remember me" box, so I know that isn't the issue.

I looked through the firefox settings, nothing seems to have changed from before. Anyone been having this issue too?

Comments

• Options
    gabyprgabypr Member Posts: 136 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use firefox but I havent had that issue. Try to download the latest version and verify the addons list and see if you could have an installed addon that saves passwords just in case.
    EC-Council Master in Security Science M.S.S [Done]

Reading Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam prep by Sohel Akhter
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I just started having this problem as well.
    I use firefox but I havent had that issue. Try to download the latest version and verify the addons list and see if you could have an installed addon that saves passwords just in case.

Actually I think that might be what is causing it.
  • Options
    Novalith478Novalith478 Member Posts: 151
    I fixed it. If you go onto Firefox settings for history, set it to "Use custom settings" and then manually check it all off. Make sure you un-check "Always use private browsing". Seems to have fixed the problem.