Options

Passport book series question

Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
Howdy,

I recently passed my network+ with the help of the Passport Network+ minibook. I took it with me everywhere and read it whenever I could. It suited my style of learning and I retained alot of the info from it being so capsulized. I started studying for the CCNA and already have the Sybex textbook which is a monster.

My CCNA studying is very slow because of it, so I might try and get the Security+ (im in a non-IT job, got my A+ and Network+ so its whatever else I can get to be more employable). My question is, would the Passport series be suitable for learning a subject that you are not very familiar with? I am sure I will grasp the concepts and acronyms fairly quickly, but as a whole IT security is new to me.

If anyone knows of a portable CCNA book or networking book that covers the objectives of the CCNA please let me know!

Kai.

Comments

• Options
    reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    I had much success with the Passport Series for Network+, A+, and Security+. While they weren't my only study sources, they did help me to get a general idea of the test objectives.

If you're looking for a good "portable" option for CCNA, I'd recommend "31 Days Before Your CCNA Exam" by Cisco Press or try the Exam Cram Series for CCNA. If you have an IPad or Android tablet, I'd recommend loading up the PDFs of the Official Certification Guide and taking it with you. There are also Cisco Flash Card apps out there for IPhone or Android if you wanted to brush up on the material as well.
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • Options
    Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are there two versions of the CCNA Exam Cram books?

I have heard good things about the 31 days book. I guess I should buy it.

Kai.