Options

70-640 Exam Voucher

bito007bito007 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I'm a new to this site and i need help in getting a 70-640 exam voucher at a cheap price and if someone could guide me to some good links to where i can buy it. I'll also need a book to read to prepare for the exam so any help in finding a good book would be appreciated. I heard that a voucher is like a whole package which also includes a book too.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can check Supervoucher, Getcertified4less, preplogic for vouchers. Amazon is a good place for books. I haven't heard of voucher packages containing a book. They do, however, get combined with practice questions.
  • Options
    AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When I bought my MS Press Self-Paced Training book last year, there was a voucher code for 15% rebate on the exam included. You have to scratch to reveal the code.
    Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
    Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.
  • Options
    method115method115 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    AlexNguyen wrote: »
    When I bought my MS Press Self-Paced Training book last year, there was a voucher code for 15% rebate on the exam included. You have to scratch to reveal the code.

Yep mine had one as well.
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Welcome to TE.

Check eBay. I've found good deals on vouchers there and never had a problem with them. Also, if by any chance you are a student you can get exams for a discounted price of $83.
  • Options
    Thanks to all of you for the advice. I'll google and see if i can find a better deal.

Can someone tell me a best way to prepare for MCITP exams starting from 70-640 to avoid a re-take as i can't afford to pay since i'm currently unemployed and would want to pass it in first try? Thanks
  • Options
    mguernseymguernsey Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bito007 wrote: »
    Thanks to all of you for the advice. I'll google and see if i can find a better deal.

Can someone tell me a best way to prepare for MCITP exams starting from 70-640 to avoid a re-take as i can't afford to pay since i'm currently unemployed and would want to pass it in first try? Thanks

Not to be an ass or anything, but there are literally hundreds of posts on these forums with exactly what you're looking for. Please look at some of them, and only if you have something new to add or a detail confuses you, post asking for assistance. If you want to be spoon-fed the information then you probably need more help than you will receive here.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    bito007 wrote: »

Definitely, take your time for this exam. Try this:
    1. Download the exam objectives
    2. Set up a lab. 2 DCs and 2 clients will get you through most of the exercises. I've been using Virtual Box and it works pretty well.
    3. The MS press book is pretty good, but you'll want to supplement with Technet.
    4. The practice exams in the book are fairly good, but you might need another one. Selftest by Kaplan is good.
    5. Take notes on whatever you do. I usually type up notes from all the sources I use, then go through those before the exam.
    6. Good luck!
  • Options
    Dear Psoasman,

I read in someone thread that you have labs for 70-640. Can you please email or PM me the labs and also if you have any practice exams like Selftest by Kaplan you mentioned or any other practice exams that you think may help me prepare for the 640 and are close to the ones when i take it. I don't have a book and currently don't want to spend any money on books or tests until i get the job. I downloaded your three 640/642 notes that you and i hope that i won't have to buy any books now. I've already setup a lab in my Vmware workstations and using TrainSignal videos to learn and practice but please send me the labs and practice test. Thanks
  • Options
    basoobasoo Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear Psoasman,

I am new to the certification, I have read few threads and found that you have some study material, labs and exams that are really helpfull. I will appreciate if you can send me the same. I am planning to take the exams next month, but from the threads it looks like the exam is quite tough.

Please send me the material that you have, I really appreciate this.

thanks