Options

Passed 702!

MrkaliMrkali Member Posts: 105
After passing the 220-701 last Tuesday I scheduled my 702 test for this morning and successfully passed! I scored a 776. The test crashed after it displayed the exam results, which happened last week as well. Prometric icon_rolleyes.gif.

I was worried, but they were able to print my exam results right away.

It wasn't the best possible score, but a pass is a pass. Iwould say my biggest frustration was poorly worded questions. There were a few of which I weren't sure what they were even looking for.Onto Network+!

Comments

• Options
    ahphotoahphoto Member Posts: 103
    Congrats icon_cheers.gif
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • Options
    quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats MrKali,

I must admit, at some places I did my exams, their computers where a little tired looking and perhaps a little long in the tooth. Thankfully, I never had one crash on me, the word around here seems to be that Prometric no longer stands high on the podium and that Pearson VUE might be the new contender.

I suppose also, it really all depends on the exam centre itself, some do seem better equipped than others.

And as for you A+, well done, as you say a pass is a pass, I don't know anyone yet who has got absolute perfection with scoring. Much like yourself, I am also the perfectionist type and feel a little dissapointed when I don't as well as I'd like.

But I believe that sums up most of us on here. Good luck with the Network+, I used the Exam Cram book, CompTIA Network + and a few other sources including this website. As you perhaps already know, use several sources and at least two or more books. Know your ports and protocols, they seem heavy on that kind of thing. I'll send you some of my notes if you wish.

Protocols and Ports Table.pdf

Best of luck and well done.:)
    Steve
    The Wings of Technology
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you would think these testing facilities would have better computers lol. i had the same problem at my prometric center
  • Options
    ahphoto wrote: »
    Congrats

Thank you!

quinnyfly wrote: »
    Congrats MrKali,

I must admit, at some places I did my exams, their computers where a little tired looking and perhaps a little long in the tooth. Thankfully, I never had one crash on me, the word around here seems to be that Prometric no longer stands high on the podium and that Pearson VUE might be the new contender.

I suppose also, it really all depends on the exam centre itself, some do seem better equipped than others.

And as for you A+, well done, as you say a pass is a pass, I don't know anyone yet who has got absolute perfection with scoring. Much like yourself, I am also the perfectionist type and feel a little dissapointed when I don't as well as I'd like.

But I believe that sums up most of us on here. Good luck with the Network+, I used the Exam Cram book, CompTIA Network + and a few other sources including this website. As you perhaps already know, use several sources and at least two or more books. Know your ports and protocols, they seem heavy on that kind of thing. I'll send you some of my notes if you wish.

Protocols and Ports Table.pdf

Best of luck and well done.
    Steve

Thank you for the kind words and thank you for the ports pdf. For net+ I'm using Mike Meyers book and I also indeed to purchase Darril Gibson's newly released net + practice tests/flashcards.

pruspeter wrote: »
    you would think these testing facilities would have better computers lol. i had the same problem at my prometric center

The testing facility I used seem to have decent PC's. They said the issues were related to a recent Windows update icon_confused.gif:
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    Brain_PowerBrain_Power Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 163
    Congrats! Be very proud of your score! What is your next cert goal?
  • Options
    Congrats! Be very proud of your score! What is your next cert goal?

Thank you! I'm now working on attaining Net+. I have a tentative goal for sitting Net+ by the second week of April. Sec+ by mid May. Then on to CCENT/CCNA :D
  • Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Good job! I am also trying to get the A+,Net+, and Sec+. Seems like a common thing to do before taking down the Cisco certifications.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Congrats! Funny, I just sat the Net+ test and found the wording on a lot of questions to be pretty poor too. Maybe those were those ungraded trial questions they mentioned in the brief. I don't know, but I expected the CompTIA questions to be a little more professional. Oh well, like you said, a pass is a pass!
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588