Options

ODBC connection to SQL

aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
i'm running XP and setting up a ODBC connection

using the wizard I select 'with SQL Server Authentication using a login ID and password entered by the user'

and enter the correct credentials, complete the wizard and test the connection, which is successful.

But then when I click on my desktop icon for the database is fails to authenticate because it is passing my domain user credentials i.e. domain\username

I can enter the correct credentials after select okay and they work but why isn't this working automatically?
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    i'm running XP and setting up a ODBC connection

using the wizard I select 'with SQL Server Authentication using a login ID and password entered by the user'

and enter the correct credentials, complete the wizard and test the connection, which is successful.

But then when I click on my desktop icon for the database is fails to authenticate because it is passing my domain user credentials i.e. domain\username

I can enter the correct credentials after select okay and they work but why isn't this working automatically?

Are you talking about SQL Server Management Studio? If so, then you don't even need to set an ODBC setup to log on to the database--just the database credentials that you would have setup under security (whether it's domain authentication or a local database user.) Plus of course, the server name, database name, etc.

Otherwise, if this is a database application, you'll want to know how the application passes on the ODBC settings to then connect to the database.
  • Options
    aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
    no, i'm talking about the Control Panel>Administrative Tools> Data Sources (ODBC), then i'm creating a new System DSN

Then the connection is made when I open the front end of an Access Database
    What's another word for Thesaurus?