Options

Need help pinging from Pc / router to Pc / router *

mindzfreakmindzfreak Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, i've done all the static routing on all router but i still couldn't ping from pc to pc :o when i try ping from pc to pc, it says "Host unreachable".. :O and when i try ping from router to router, it shows 0% successful rate.. so it just cant ping.

Here's the link to download the file you guys might wana check it out.

Mock Practice.zip

Any help would be appreciated guys! thanks

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't like to download stuff willy-nilly... So I'll post a few things that'll help us to help you.

Check the hosts to make sure they're setup:
    1. Can you ping PC 1 to Router 1, PC 2 to Router 2?

If Not:
    a. Check to make sure the cable is connected
    b. Check Default Gateway (Router's Interface IP address), Host IP, Host Subnet masks are correct on the computers.

Things I'd check since you can't ping router to router:
    1. show ip interface brief on both routers. Make sure that the appropriate interfaces at Up/Up state.
    2. Make sure the interfaces aren't shut down.
    3. Make sure the interfaces are on the same subnet.
    4. DCE/DTE cables are connected, as well as the clock rate command implemented for the DCE side.

What we need to help you beyond this is:
    1. Post a picture of the topology. IP address / Subnet mask.
    2. Post the "show run" for Router 1 and Router 2.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    headshotheadshot Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you don't have clock rate set on the DCE routers.

edit: and some of your routers are missing static routes. also you should use the next hop instead of exit interface for static routes.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm guessing you're using packet tracer? I didn't download the file since I don't usually download off many websites. If you're not using PT then make sure your firewall is off.

Oh and the DCE end you set the clock rate. The DTE end receives the clock rate.

Obviously you can check sh ip int (interface) this will show you the link protocol and the physical side of things. If the line protocol is down and the interface is up, then you know it's an encapsulation error. If the interface is down, line protocol down, then a cable problem. Administratively down means you didn't do a no shutdown on the interface.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    headshot wrote: »
    you don't have clock rate set on the DCE routers.

edit: and some of your routers are missing static routes. also you should use the next hop instead of exit interface for static routes.

Alright i've set the clock rate on the DCE routers.. i can ping my pc to pc and i can also ping my router to router already.. thanks my friend appreciated:) but may i ask.. why should i use next hop instead of exit interface for static routes..? i dont quite get it..
  • Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    mindzfreak wrote: »
    Alright i've set the clock rate on the DCE routers.. i can ping my pc to pc and i can also ping my router to router already.. thanks my friend appreciated:) but may i ask.. why should i use next hop instead of exit interface for static routes..? i dont quite get it..

Because you're directing the local router where to send the packets too...IE the next router upstream. It should have routes in it's routing table to know where to send the packet next.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can use either. Though, on the ICND1/CCNA you'll be tested on the next hop.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    You can use either. Though, on the ICND1/CCNA you'll be tested on the next hop.

ohh.. well.. correct me if i'm wrong.. if its next hop.. i'd type sth like 80.80.80.0 255.255.255.0 80.80.80.1 ( instead of s0/0/0 ) am i correct?
  • Options
    fsanyeefsanyee Member Posts: 171
    mindzfreak wrote: »
    ohh.. well.. correct me if i'm wrong.. if its next hop.. i'd type sth like 80.80.80.0 255.255.255.0 80.80.80.1 ( instead of s0/0/0 ) am i correct?

That doesn't make sense, if your router don't know 80.80.80.0 network, than how can it know where is 80.80.80.1?