Options

Free Deploying Windows 7 course from Microsoft Virtual Academy

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
Looks like Microsoft has a new Course for deploying Windows 7. It’s free to sign up with a Windows ID, and you get points for completing tasks. I think it’s worth checking out.

Deploying Windows 7 - Microsoft Virtual Academy

Deploying a new desktop operating system can seem like a daunting task. In addition, sorting through the wealth of information about deployment can be overwhelming. This track provides a comprehensive, step-by-step guide to each step in the Windows 7 deployment process from application compatibility testing and volume activation to image creation and data migration.

By the end of the track, you will have gained an understanding of the tools, processes, and best practices that will help make your Windows 7 deployment a success.
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• Options
    J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good stuff. If anything, it's some free study material.
  • Options
    kungfu71186kungfu71186 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just looking over the syllabus and when I took this test, It looks pretty similar to what you need to know. Mind you I took this test when it first came out (about 6 months after), so it's probably changed a little bit, but I remember having to know every utility used in Windows 7 and how to deploy it. Also, you have to know the difference between the old utilities and new the ones.