Options

VigilanteVigilante Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Don't know if you have a "welcome" forum but this is my first post.

Seems like it should be a great place to talk certs!

My first question is this: I'm going for the MS 98-366 Windows Network Essentials test and reading the Darril Gibson book of the same name by Sybex. For anybody who has taken this test, how "hard" would you consider it? I've been a tech guy for like 10 years+, started tech career on DOS up through Windows with a pinch of MAC and Linux. I have A+ now, a mail order PC Repair Diploma, passed some "non official" tech tests, etc.. Did strait up computer repair/help desk/phone support/onsite tech stuff for over 5 years and now doing IT for a small business of about 10 employees, 2 online stores, forum, blog, and all that.

So again, just wondering how "hard" the 98-366 is. Sometimes these tests can catch you off guard by asking silly details of like hardware spec or obscure command line utilities or what the performance details were of an original technology of some kind. In other words, things nobody probably ever used or needed to know for daily tasks.
Any specific obscure subjects I should refresh on?

Thanks everybody!

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome aboard!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome. You'll find happiness here. We don't take kindly to brain **** and illegal activities :)

If you have questions about a certification - difficult, study help, cost, etc... It's best to ask that forum. You'll most likely get someone that knows something about it if you go there.

Microsoft stuff go here: http://www.techexams.net/forums/
    Can't find a forum specificly for your exam go into one of the "like" forums, and make a post there.

Good luck with your studies and for everything else.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams