Options

Looking for advice/hints/tips for the 98-366

VigilanteVigilante Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
There is much talk around here on the 70-* tests but I'm starting at the bottom of the road. Considering the Microsoft Roadmap for Students, on my road to MCITP I have to get a 98-* test out of the way. I want to take 98-366 Network Fundamentals.
Here is a direct link to the roadmap PDF: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=microsoft%20cert%20roadmap%20for%20students&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CEQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.microsoft.com%2Fdownload%2F2%2F9%2FB%2F29BB6508-CE33-46D6-B30D-C0888E190C48%2FMicrosoft_Certification_Roadmap_for_Students.pdf&ei=Sp9oT5-GD6risQL4orGlCQ&usg=AFQjCNGE0h2dGeaRonpScLG9470SibEzEQ

So basically I'm just wondering how "hard" it is, or is it pretty basic? Having passed A+, and worked desktop support for years and now doing IT for 10 employee corp with 40+ contractors around the US, is it going to be tough? I've also got one of those old mail-order diplomas for computer repair, and passed a 200 question computer support test from a tech book that's like 42 inches thick :)
Also, I chose the Network topic because I plan to refresh on my Net+ books (I have a few of them) and then take Net+ shortly after, that way I can study for and take both Networking certs while on the subject.
Sound good? If anybody knows, is the Networking Essentials similar to Net+? Which is harder or more detailed?

But I just hate tests, I can't stand the "unknown" and wish I knew more what to expect. So help me out a little, do I have to know obscure details of old ISO specs on serial ports or something? Sometimes tests ask you things that would almost never come up in the normal course of support, but anyway.

So if anybody has passed the 98-366, just give me a "review" of the experience, that might help. If you know any labs I should play with for sure, that would help too. Can I study with Win Server setup in Vbox? Or would it be better to have a complete network of physical machines?

Any advice would be great, just trying to get my feet wet on the forums. Looking for all resources, training materials, practice tests, free stuff of any kind, mailing lists/newsletters for IT techs, discounts on testing. I just don't have a foothold in the certs world yet and need any resources that can help.

Thanks!