A+ Study Plan

Bob123akaBob123aka Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well planning on taking the A+ Cert. in a month or more, depending how long the studying takes me , I wan't to go over how I'll do it to see maybe if anyone has some tips on imporving

First I was going to read this book Amazon.com: CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Seventh Edition (Exams 220-701 & 220-702) (9780071701334): Michael Meyers: Books

then read the Windows Version seeing how it will be on the test Amazon.com: Mike Meyers' Guide to Supporting Windows 7 for CompTIA A+ Certification (Exams 701 & 702) (All-in-One) (9780071763929): Michael Meyers: Books

After that I was planning on looking over some videos of Messer's Vid for the 701 Test CompTIA A+ 220-701 Certification Videos - YouTube

After was planning on doing Cram Book to get some info on how the test will be Amazon.com: CompTIA A+ 220-701 and 220-702 Exam Cram (5th Edition) (9780789747921): David L. Prowse: Books

currently started and doing about 75-100 Pages a day ,its a 1300 pg book, not sure if that's overdoing it or under doing it.Though the intro parts are extremly boring just talking about diff types of Windows, Xp, and intro to Basic Computer stuff. I tried doing some practice test that were available on the website and found them helpfull, in the beginning but after a while im getting about 80%+ on most of them just due to me already knowing the answer, sometimes dont even have to look @ the question much to figure what the answer was.

Comments

• IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Bob123aka: Excellent choice of study material. The only thing I would change would be to start from watching Professor Messer's videos followed by reading Mike Meyers' books.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Bob123akaBob123aka Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Alright, You think doing about 100 pages a day is a bit to much? Should I try like 50 pages a day and the same lessons I learned watch the Video part or would it be better to do like vid/book complete then the other apose to doing the same lessons each day just watching both the vid and book.
    Bob123aka: I won't answer your questions directly but I will tell you what worked for me. To paraphrase Mike Meyers' advice: first, read the book from beginning to end like a novel; secondly, reread it, going topic by topic; make sure you cover each CompTIA objective, take notes, highlight key concepts, etc. Regarding the timing issues, a general method advised by Mike Meyers and others is to set a realistic test date and work towards it - that way you will figure out how to best divide your time between books, videos and practice tests.
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    I myself am watching Messers' videos and taking notes while i watch. Then I will probably read Meyers' book. The exam cram book looks interesting tho. I think you have a good plan of action. Reading 100 pages a day seems good. I myself normally read a chapter a day or 75 pages a day (which ever comes first).
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
    The thing about notes is , since most will be new just about everything will be notes. I was thinking about just reading the book, watching the videos and then after I take a few practice test, start doing the notes/flashcards on the subjects that im having a hard time with.
    Bob123aka: You seem to have the most important bases covered - you have a study method that works for you; your choice of study material is excellent and you have set yourself a realistic daily study schedule. Just stay motivated and stick to your schedule and you will be successful!
  • zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    The Meyers book is really good. That is on my current reading list as well. Check out the Pearson ebook of the day, I was able to pick up the exam cram on there for $9.99. But yeah, looks like you have a great plan, I would agree with the suggestion about watching Prof. Messer first though, but that is just kind of personal preference.
    Atm im catching up on the vids to match where I am. The vids sort of give me a better understanding. Might do like this. Chapter 7 video then chapter then book, as the video gives me a better prospective of it and the book does goes into more detail then the videos.