Do i really need to be certified ?

killwarkillwar Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Employers are hiring fresh school leavers to work but are training them according to their needs, their training isnt going to be a whole ccna, mcitp or A+/network+ class but rather important topics that the employeers want them to troubleshoot. so i've find out these kids know nothing in the it/networking field and certifications at all. i fear that they might be catching up a lot of information from there courses too quickly getting many courses packed in their training and get me out of work because i haven't yet a knowledge in cisco icon_sad.gif

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    killwar wrote: »
    Employers are hiring fresh school leavers to work but are training them according to their needs, their training isnt going to be a whole ccna, mcitp or A+/network+ class but rather important topics that the employeers want them to troubleshoot. so i've find out these kids know nothing in the it/networking field and certifications at all. i fear that they might be catching up a lot of information from there courses too quickly getting many courses packed in their training and get me out of work because i haven't yet a knowledge in cisco icon_sad.gif

Certifications are not meant to take the place of experience, nothing can replace experience. I would suggest not worrying about things you cannot control. Instead focus on your own plan and making sure you execute whatever that plan might be. You have a lot of nice certifications, I would suggest getting an IT job and moving forward from there. Let those certification provide some return.
  • NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i think certifications are a big plus and you should get them...