Options

Asking for the third interview

gouki2005gouki2005 Member Posts: 197
So I had an interview 1 month ago it was ok. 2 weeks ago the same company called me for a job position , He told me he would call me the next day , He didnt I send him an email he replied me

Thank you for following up Gerson. I'm sorry I didn't call back today, but I had a lot going on. I met with the client and the need still exists for this position as well as several others. They have reviewed your resume and were interested. I am trying to narrow down a start date and more specific job requirements.

I will talk to you again soon.

Thanks,
Tom

Now 2 weeks later I dont know how to tell him I am still waiting for the meeting but withouth sounding desperate. So i want to sound like this "Hi there hey I am still waiting for the meeting I am more than ready dont forget about me Ok" but in a professional way any idea

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'd just reply and ask if there is any update on the position. Let him know you are still interested. I don't think it will make you sound desperate.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I would just reply to that same email and say something like this:

Hi Tom,

I appreciate your efforts on my behalf, and I understand you've probably got alot going on.

I'm still interested and available, and I was wondering if there was any update on the position.

Thanks!

<Insert name here>

And leave it at that. If you don't get any kind of response in a couple days, then write that one off and continue your job hunt (assuming you haven't been continuing your job search in the interim)
  • Options
    gouki2005gouki2005 Member Posts: 197
    I would just reply to that same email and say something like this:

Hi Tom,

I appreciate your efforts on my behalf, and I understand you've probably got alot going on.

I'm still interested and available, and I was wondering if there was any update on the position.

Thanks!

<Insert name here>

And leave it at that. If you don't get any kind of response in a couple days, then write that one off and continue your job hunt (assuming you haven't been continuing your job search in the interim)

Pure gold thank you.