Options

70-680 :( missed by one question :(

Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
Unfortunately I missed the pass by one question this morning. The report provides me with a couple of areas that just need some additional attention. Just need to brush off and retake it in a week or two.
WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014

Comments

• Options
    Guess this wasn't a good day for testing for a lot of people!
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
  • Options
    Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that you didn't pass. I'm sure you'll do fine next time though. Did your exam have 80 questions like so many others are reporting?
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    Hard lines, missed my 70-682 by about 5 questions.

Back on the horse, onwards and upwards :)
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that you didn't pass. I'm sure you'll do fine next time though. Did your exam have 80 questions like so many others are reporting?

No mine only had 50 questions. So there was not much room for error. Just need to focus to two areas mainly for additional studying. Thank for the support!
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    sorry to hear you didn't pass! What did you use to study? Good luck on the next go around!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bloody hell Mate, look at your experience, I am scared now, please offer any tips to new comer's to MS certs. I am sorry this time it was a missed approach, but next time you are far more prepared for the unexpected..and the expected. Go-round for another go, you can only improve on what you did not anticipate before.

Hang up the hang-ups, work, study, improve, be stronger than that which you feel fails you and succeed.

,,,Soz, I use to use that kind of adage in the simulator frequently, with all certs, there is a lot to recall, remember and rehearse in such a short time, and a very limited scope for delivering the wrong answers or wrong decisions. It seems certs offer the same pressure without actually manipulating the controls of a simulator posing as a heavy jet.

However, the mental pressures are just as exhaustive and extend beyond just taking an exam. In the cockpit of an airliner, emotional pressures can easily dissuade command decisions to the point of failure, or shall we say - <bad choices>. It is these that can easily pass or fail a student, I make this particular reference as it emplifies the distinction between learning and actually knowing your skill. Those that practise, review and prepare, seem to be at better odds of passing. Then again, (those that also prepare for failure seem more adept to do so).

It could be me, or my previous training from a few jobs in the past, but I feel that if you walk into an exam fully confident expecting a pass, give it your best, if you feel like your preparation was insufficient, then be prepared to arm yourself next time round. Who is better equipped to take an exam than those that have already missed the first???

You can only come out stronger, greater, and most certainly more efficient at what you do.
    The Wings of Technology
  • Options
    Studied with the Microsoft press book, Ucertify practice test and the measure up test with the book. Labbing via virtual box at home.

Just wasn't a good day... The weather and drive to the testing center was rough, I had the stomach flu two days before and might not have been back on my game.

I retested on some practice tests last night and score a perfect score on all of them. Already refocusing on the areas that I had scored lower on. I will probably retest April 6-7.
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
  • Options
    quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best of luck Mate, it's in you to pass and you know it, head down freckle up.......and bash this sukker out. Headstrong and determined, "it's like trying to land a plane with one engine inoperative," you know you can do it, it's how you do it that makes for a successful outcome.
    The Wings of Technology