Need info on CPU objective.

jen_tourangeaujen_tourangeau Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am trying to find the information for the follwoing objectives on Microprocessors.

Identify procedures to optimize PC operations in specific situations. Predict the effects of specific procedures under given scenarios in regards to cooling systems: liquid, air, heat sinks, and thermal compounds.

Recognize common problems associated with each module and their symptoms. Identify the steps needed to isolate and troubleshoot the problems. Given a problem situation, interpret the symptoms and infer the most likely cause.

Can anyone help me with these two? Thanks
Jennifer Tourangeau
Owner/Operator
Highlander Computers
Technical Support and Web Design

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I would start with www.amd.com and www.intel.com

Short of that, 'tweaking' a system should not be on the exam so acceptable standards should be found on both sites.

Where have you looked up to this point?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    Didn't want to create a new thread or derail this one but I was curious about something. Does comptia expect you to know in detail about processors? Like FC-PGA, PPGA, .13 Micron technology, etc...?
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.