Options

Protocols/Specifications

valondonvalondon Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
What protocols and specifications should I focus on specifically for the Net+ exam? Right now I'm going through Exam Cram for the N10-105 exam and afterwards I intend on concentrating in the main danger areas of the exam. I'm about A month and a half at most away from my cert so I'm hoping that's enough time...
A+, MTA: Networking, Net+, MTA: Security, MTA: OS Fundamentals, Security+

Comments

• Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    There's a whole list of protocols you should be familiar with- Go to the Comptia site and get the exam objectives. If it's a common protocol today you need to know something about it: TCP, UDP, ftp, smtp, ssh, telnet and many more. If you don't know about it yet check out the free professor messer videos- they map to the objectives. Professor Messer, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Microsoft Certification Training
  • Options
    quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You need to know the ports associated with each protocol aswell. I have included some of my tables if that helps:)

Protocols and Ports Table.pdf
    The Wings of Technology
  • Options
    KragsterKragster Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed today, and I can say that quinnyfly's table has every port that I needed in study or test. Thanks for sharing that, and I highly recommend to future examers to know all of those ports. Will definitely come in handy.
  • Options
    quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Mate, well done, I am happy to share any of my notes anytime, just pm me if I can help. What's next? Sec+?
    The Wings of Technology
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Kragster, congrats on the pass. Good luck on your next adventure.

quinnyfly, thanks for sharing your notes.
  • Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    well, I think the protocol you should know RIP,TELNET,UDP,TCP, FTP,ICMP and others but you should know their functionality, version like RIP version 1or 2,their ports number and so on.