Options

CCNA BootCamp

crazychrono100crazychrono100 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'm looking for some reputable company that provide CCNA bootcamp. Do you guys have any suggestions? I'm located in Los Angeles.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I'm looking for some reputable company that provide CCNA bootcamp. Do you guys have any suggestions? I'm located in Los Angeles.

Thanks in advance.
    You may want to check out this place
    AbcoTechnology >> Training
    I used to live up in LA and there used to be a few good cisco schools up there. You can check community/city colleges and adult education learning centers too.
  • Options
    astrogeekastrogeek Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is there any particular reason you need a bootcamp? I could be wrong, but in my opinion the very idea of cramming so much material in a short period of time is a joke - except not a very funny one after you see what they charge people! Maybe some people can learn that way, but not me, I would just forget everything the next week.

If you have the time to go through a longer and much more detailed course I'd highly recommend a CCNA Academy which is usually offered at many local community colleges. It's a more affordable and, in my opinion, more practical method of learning than a two week "bootcamp". You can find one locale to you here: Cisco Networking Academy - Locate Academy and Class/es
  • Options
    ramirez368ramirez368 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello....I could only say that I'm taking CCNA classes and some other classes (Microsoft) 6 Hrs a day in a Occupational Center in West Valle in Winnetka 5 days a week it has Part I and Part II from January until the first week of June....yeah!!!! it's a lot and I still not feel sure to take the CCNA test for the certification and you want to do this in a Boot camp...? it's just too much to cramp it in 1 or 2 weeks, unless you focus in one topic, because at the end of it you'll learn nothing and ended up more confused that anything.....that's my way of seeing it.
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Todd Lammle has a 6 day CCNA boot camp in Dallas, TX.
    Lammle.com
  • Options
    docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    My journey into the certification world started with a CCNA bootcamp. However, I already had a few years of hands-on experience configuring low-end Cisco switches, routers, and PIXes by the time I took that five-day class. I think bootcamps work if you need to fill in some knowledge gaps, but it's not a good way to really grasp the material if you're new to the subject area. On top of trying to cram new concepts into your head, you're essentially rushing through it to meet the class end date.

There might also be an underlying bias towards, "These are the key things you need to understand in order to pass the exam," although I suspect this will depend on the instructor/school.

In short, I'm not a fan of bootcamps. If you're new to IP networking, it takes time to digest this domain. Don't rush through it for the sake of passing some test and getting a paper cert if you're just trying to get an interview which you'll fail miserably on because you really didn't learn anything well. It's very easy to tell when someone doesn't really get it and only understands what the textbook states. Networking is a complex subject with many levels, requiring practiced cognitive ability where building up from the basics matter.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/