Options

Need help with WIC choice at work.

KPLCKPLC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey TE,

I need help figuring out what WIC I need to use in this router.

Here is some pertinent information:

Router Model: 2921/K9
IOS 15.0(1)M4

Internet Connection: ADSL2+

I've been reading about this mode WIC: EHWIC-VA-DSL. And seems to fit the bill.

I'm the only one at my workplace that has any kind of Cisco knowledge. This is my first time doing anything with the equipment we have in house, besides basic configs and running show commands, etc . I lack experience and a Cisco mentor, so TE is the only place I can find mentors. If there's any more information that could supply, please let me know.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Options
    jude56gjude56g Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I see alot of views to this post, but no replies.. I don't know if that WIC will work for you or not, but typically if your buying parts, the vendor should help with qualifying your needs so you get the right stuff. Reach out to Cisco, or your equipment vendor and ask them.
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jude56g wrote: »
    I see alot of views to this post, but no replies.. I don't know if that WIC will work for you or not, but typically if your buying parts, the vendor should help with qualifying your needs so you get the right stuff. Reach out to Cisco, or your equipment vendor and ask them.

This is my thinking as well.
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would think the internet service provider would be the people to ask first. They will inevitably have service calls of what did not work with their systems and have documentation of this. They will also know what equipment is on their end, ask what they have and use that for your research. I'd squeeze them for a bit more information than just "ADSL2+" to work from. If they cannot provide a compatible equipment list then you should be able to get something to narrow your search.

Good luck.
    MacGuffin - A plot device, an item or person that exists only to produce conflict among the characters within the story.
  • Options
    KPLCKPLC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies guys/gals.

I'm working in South East Asia and the infrastructure and level of technical expertise is low here. The country is developing at a fast rate, but societal changes are slow to come. They aren't used to western standards or procedures. Customer service is horrible. They pretty much always say "It's your end that is broken."....well, I guess that can be said for most IPSs/Telcos.

I've gotten a reply from a vendor but they're out of stock on that particular WIC, and suggested a WIC-2T and WIC-1B-S/T-V3. The first suggested card is a serial connection and the second is an ISDN connection. So I might have to find another vendor to ask. LOL.

Thanks again everyone.