Options

Dynamips question

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
Is there anyway to copy a config from dynamips? I want to copy a config that I have made so I can post it online, but ctrl c/v doesnt work, and i cant right click in the console window. anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    To Copy:
    I highlight the running-configuration, just click and drag up or down. Ctrl+C to copy.
    To Paste:
    I Right-Click in the active window. Brings up a paste box. I click okay.

I'm using Tera Term for GNS3 emulation. I'm not sure if that matters, but probably.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    wanted to post an update, crtl c doesnt work, Im running dynagen in linux if it matters. what im going to try no is just print screens so i can post the config.
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What are you using to connect to the devices though? Are you using putty/securecrt/etc on a remote windows box or something like gnome-terminal or Konsole on the local box?

Most of the linux shells (in my experience) copy text to the buffer automatically once highlighted. Pasting depends on the application - for another shell/terminal, right-clicking pastes it back in. For something like Kate(notepad), I think ctrl+v will paste whatever is in the buffer.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I do believe to copy text in linux you'll have to click both left and right mouse buttons simultaneously. After that the ctrl+v will work on a text editor.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    When I use ZOC to connect to my routers, all commands are logged to a file. A simple 'show run' would **** the contents of the screen to the log file. Extract from there. Does whatever console you're using support this feature?
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Using the default (PuTTY), simply highlighting text in the console allows you to paste it elsewhere.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens