Options

Finally Set A Date

GeeNiceGeeNice Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greetings ,

I finally got around setting a date to sit for network plus certification.I take to test in about three weeks time.

I am a little nervous as this is the first cert I will be attempting to achieve.Hope everything goes well.I will definately be putting the effort in.

Just one question , I seem to be having a problem remebering the well known ports.Does anyone know to what extent this particular topic is questioned in the exam? icon_eek.gif

Comments

• Options
    3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    Which exam are you taking? old or new?

I took the old one as as far as ports go it will be used in alot of senario questions. Say like a new Admin guy has install a new firewall, users report that they cant access websites via web addresss but are fine via ip address, what could be the problem?

Port 53 being blocked on the firewall could be the answer for DNS

something like that :D
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Study Hard and Good Luck! :D
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    You will likely have something about well-known ports on the exams. Go to practice exams here on TechExams and take the Webmaster's well-known ports practice exam.

Actually you learn what protocol that the port is associated with. And, it is mostly memorization. Probably one of the easier things to learn on Network+. Take Webmaster's exam enough times to memorize the ports and their associated protocols. If the port is used in a troubleshooting scenario, you'll know if the port has anything to do with the problem/solution if you know what it's used for. They may just throw it in to be "tricky".

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    I would definetly study the ports. On the older exam these were cover in the exam. At any rate it would be a good ideal to understand these ports for real world scenerios.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
  • Options
    netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
    Yes, no your ports quite well, you may have a couple in the exam, I can;t remember how many I actualy had, but they do crop up in the exam, whether scenario based or just question.
    Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"
  • Options
    GeeNiceGeeNice Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the advice and motivation.I guess I will just have to drum this information into my head.(read,read and read)
    I seem to have a good understanding of the subject matter related to this cert so I am postive that I will pass.

By the way I have elected to take the older exam as I personally believe it might be more challenging than the newer one.Any comment?

Cheers
    GeeNice
  • Options
    my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    All the best GeeNice!!!