Options

Creative resumes

ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
Creative resume designs
13 Insanely Cool Resumes That Landed Interviews At Google And Other Top Jobs

I thought this one was cool: Did you mean: Eric Gandhi? (especially the motivational ending)
Also, this one is crazy awesome (c).

Disclaimer: these eyecandies are provided for your aesthetical enjoyment only. Most of these are done by artsits and designers, and I am not advocating non-traditional colorful resumes for those us in the "serious-business" technical industry. Enjoy responsibly :)
“You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
- discounted vouchers for certs

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks for sharing. I loved them they are super creative however I believe most of those were for designer jobs which I think would be a bonus. Applying for an accounting gig might not pay off as much.

I think this ties back to knowing your audience. If you are applying for Zappo's or Google this might get you some points. Applying for a government job probably not so much.
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    One of my friends, a software engineer, made the coolest resume I've ever seen. It was a fairly simple looking web page with several pages that you had to click through. From what I remember, the first few pages had a basic introduction, then there was an infographic showing off the line count of his (extensive) code contributions to various open source projects, and toward the end there was a page to input and submit your phone number. Once you did, you'd get a call that played music from a Internet meme popular at the time (epic sax guy, if you must know). He coded it all himself so it was a pretty good demo of his skills. To get the URL to the right people, he spent a few bucks setting up a Facebook advertising account and bought ads targeting employees of the company where he wanted to work that said, "hey XYZ employee, I want to work with you!". It didn't take long before he had an offer.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV