Options

I passed network+ today!!!

andremcullinsandremcullins Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Thanks for the support support. I love this community. So i passed with a 790. Now on to my study methods and problem areas.

ok i sat down and right in the beginning the first question is so easy im moving along im thinking i havent got a hard question yet i finished in 30minutes. (really!) i went through and double check everything and i passed!

I got more questions of the troubleshooting methodology questions than any other question. No cidr, no t568a/b wiring schemes, like maybe 4 osi model questions. Maybe 2 questions about cat cabling. Quite a few about 802.11a/b/g/n maybe 4 or 5 security questions.

I will give myself a couple weeks off and then tackle a+. In the meantime im updating my resume and applying for a new job. Lol!

If anyone have any questions about the test let me know.

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    epicdeanepicdean Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did you use any books ?
  • Options
    nope no books. If I didn't know something I either googled it or use the notes I found on here....
  • Options
    jjrockjjrock Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations!
  • Options
    MrkaliMrkali Member Posts: 105
    Congradulations icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done Mate, Congrats.
    The Wings of Technology
  • Options
    yamaj615yamaj615 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    quick question. how is easy or how hard is A+??
  • Options
    SponxSponx Member Posts: 161
    Before they changed the A+ scheme of things, I found it pretty easy. However, to each their own.
    Personal Website | LinkedIn Account | Spiceworks Account | Field Services Engineer

Certifications (Held): A+, CWP, Dell Certified
    Certifications (Studying):
    Network+, Security+
    Certifications (In Planning): Server+,
    ICND1 (CCENT), ICND2 (CCNA)
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    quick question. how is easy or how hard is A+??

A+ requires alot of memorization and can take a little bit of time, and I didn't find it as valuable as the Net+.

The things on the A+ are great to know, but alot of the things (like how fast the current chips are and how many pins they have) are outdated by the time you take the exam.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    N+ brought me skills I still use to this day. A+ did but no where near as much. If you are clueless about PC's then A+ is probably not a bad idea, but if you have taken apart machines and put them back together I would just go to N+ and leave A+ in the dust. (This is from a learning perspective only)

Then you have to deal with HR who sometimes won't even look at your resume with A+. But usually that is only for help desk or mid level position from my experience.

Either way gratz on the pass!
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your support....
  • Options
    ahphotoahphoto Member Posts: 103
    Congrats! Great score :)

This is how I view the A+:

701 covers a lot of legacy hardware which could be valuable if you don't have a lot of computer experience. Being able to take a computer apart and put it back together is one thing, but the knowledge of what you gain could be useful if you end up running across a legacy peripheral that you've never seen before.

702 covers more content that you're bound to see in today's computers when it comes to hardware, operating system's, networking, and security and I found that more relevant than the 701.

If you have the itch to learn, get it. If your job requires it, get it. If the latter do not apply, don't get it.

Congrats again on passing Network+!
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • Options
    anyone know where I could find books and notes on CCENT? I'm still trying to decide on A+ or moving on to some of the Microsoft certs.
  • Options
    chuckster2rchuckster2r Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you take the new 005 exam?
  • Options
  • Options
    another quick question? I want to add some microsoft certs under my belt. which ones should I add??
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    SponxSponx Member Posts: 161
    MCITP Certifications:
    MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional) | Training Courses for IT Professionals

I personally would go:

MCITP: DA
    Exam 70-680
    Exam 70-686

&

MCITP: EA
    Exam 70-680 - Which you would have already taken with the Enterprise Desktop Administrator exam.
    Exam 70-640
    Exam 70-642
    Exam 70-643
    Exam 70-647

OR:

MCITP: SA
    Exam 70-640
    Exam 70-642
    Exam 70-646

But to each their own.
    Personal Website | LinkedIn Account | Spiceworks Account | Field Services Engineer

Certifications (Held): A+, CWP, Dell Certified
    Certifications (Studying):
    Network+, Security+
    Certifications (In Planning): Server+,
    ICND1 (CCENT), ICND2 (CCNA)