Ports to know for CCENT?

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
Anyone know if there is a recommended list of ports that should be known for the CCENT? I've looked at the exam topics and it doesn't seem to mention them.

Comments

• YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just studied the ones I saw in my book - Also make sure you commit the transport protocol for each one to memory.

Telnet
    SMTP
    DNS
    DHCP
    FTP (data and control)
    TFTP
    HTTP
    POP3
    SNMP
    SSH
    SSL
    RTP-based Voice (VoIP and Video)

Source: Odom 2nd Edition - Chapter 6, pages 139 & 140
  • higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Chapter 7 of ODoms book shows you (3rd edition ICND1)

At least you should know FTP, SSH, Telnet, SMNP, SNMP, DHCP, RDP, DNS, POP3, HTTP, SSL and what protocols they go with (UPD or TCP).

EDIT

beaten :0
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Those are what I had down as well, accept for RDP.
  • higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882

I put RDP down because every job interview I had (for a systems administrator or Network admin) through in the port questions into their list and each one had RDP which I thought was odd imo. Although I did get this question asked on the Security + exam (I doubt they will ask it on the CCENT).
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118

I would recommend brushing up on the ones that you learned for your Network+.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    meh - just take a look at /etc/services %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\services for well known port numbers

I personally havent ever been quizzed beyond http/dns/ftp/pop/smtp