Options

Passed VCP-510

QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
What a test. Hardest certification test I've taken to this date but a fair one in my humble opinion. I used the blueprint and just dissected it completely each section and read Duncan and Frank's HA/DRS deepdive. I don't think you really need anything else and the deepdive didn't really help except when I wanted a further explanation of the concepts it covers.

My suggestion, know how to navigate the interface without actually seeing it. That really just means that you have to lab, lab, lab and lab some more to pass. If you don't deal with this stuff on a daily basis, then you'll need to lab even more.

Time to enjoy one of these and smoke some ribs.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFKtNyuIUvmb7j8eKMfKfws7sBHopi2VONXC9JrF1uVoDGNw-b0qjY3fCj9A

drunken_smilie.gif

Comments

• Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    Is this known as the VCP5? I'm currently working towards the CCNA (just have to take the ICND2) and after I have a potential employer which if I'm hired with wants me to take VCP5 as well as EMCISA.
  • Options
  • Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    QHalo wrote: »
    Yes, this was the VCP5 exam.

How would you compare it to Cisco's ICND1, ICND2, or the CCNA composite exam?
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats!! Done the training too?

Can I ask if the exam is more of a "how" or a "why". As in do they ask you to how to, say enable HA? Or do they ask you, why cant you have, say more than 32 hosts in a HA cluster?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    How would you compare it to Cisco's ICND1, ICND2, or the CCNA composite exam?

Thanks Essendon! It's been a labor of love these past few months. Ciscoman2012, it was harder. ICND2 was a tough exam but this was very difficult, ICND1 was not that hard at all. This was 85 questions in 90 minutes. I still managed to complete it in 65 minutes though. The mock exam on VMware's site is really nice because it does kind of help you understand how VMware words their questions and makes it a bit less daunting not having any idea what to expect when you start the exam.

I completed the training via CCC&TI back on Feb 9th, so it took me about two months of studying on and off but pretty hard the last 2-3 weeks I was doing it probably 2-4 hours every night and 8 hours on the weekend. It was a little of both how and why. I will say this, know how to troubleshoot issues. It's very 'real world' in what they ask. Understand core functionality and the fundamentals of each technology and you really can't go wrong but that's not really giving anything away is it :p. This is all information you get from the blueprint. I will say that I ran across a question that I could have only answered because I had ran into it during playing with my lab environment.

I think that really stresses how much you need to work with the products and break them, then fix them.
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! It is a tough exam, one of the hardest I've taken. I suppose the difficultly level would be on par with the CCNA.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    Thanks Menthol. It was the hardest test I've taken in a very long time certification/school wise. It feels good to be done.