Options

ICND1 / 640-822 How many simulator questions are on the real exam?

Brain_PowerBrain_Power Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 163
Approximately, how many simulator questions did you receive on the 640-822?

What was the topic of the majority of the simulator questions?

Do not violate Cisco's exam disclosure policies. The purpose is really for concentration of study material.

Comments

• Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No one ever knows. I may get 3 on mine, and someone else may have 5 and some people might not get any.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had a few (wont say the exact number). Unluckily, my very first question was a sim...
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    Thanks for the info!

How are points calculated for simulator questions? Do they hold more weight in the total scoring system? If you were to fail all simulator questions, could you still pass the exam?
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for the info!

How are points calculated for simulator questions? Do they hold more weight in the total scoring system? If you were to fail all simulator questions, could you still pass the exam?

Would a sim question that might take 10 minutes to complete be worth more than a multiple choice question asking about what port number a certain IP protocol uses? I sure hope so.

Would it be possible to pass the exam without successfully answering any sim questions correctly? Well, if you answer all the sims incorrectly you inherently have gaps in your knowledge, which would probably lead to missed questions in other areas and non-sim questions- So I'll say no.
  • Options
    I believe that I read in my CCNA study guide that partial credit is given on simulator questions. Is this right?
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I believe that I read in my CCNA study guide that partial credit is given on simulator questions. Is this right?
    Any question that requires multiple answers has the potential for partial credit. IIRC there are several questions on the exam requiring multiple answers.
  • Options
    martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389

i guess so. but unless you are with the cisco exam team you will never now how much the simulations score etc etc...

best thing is to just know your stuff and get em nailed.
    i know that these simulation in cisco exams scare the **** out of people when they are confronted with them the first time (at least i felt that way). but having done a few exams i must say that i started to like them. they are very fair if you know your stuff and dont try to trick you into traps or something.

just dont try to think about them that much. just know you material, lab a lot and you will be fine.

oh and giving you some numbers: on every exam i took there was at least one simulation.
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I can say with certainty, that xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for at least some simulator questions. That's because, one Cisco sim question said "yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" :)
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    You're asking questions that, in answering, would violate the NDA of Cisco's exams so you won't really get any answers to help you figure out the 'worst-case scenario'. Don't get too hung up on the exact number of sims you'll get, how they're weighted, etc. Instead, focus on making sure you've labbed and studied every topic covered on the exam. Compared to the work a CCNA certified tech does every day, the sims are a cakewalk, so if you've done the lab-work you really won't have that much trouble on the exam.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote: »
    You're asking questions that, in answering, would violate the NDA of Cisco's exams so you won't really get any answers to help you figure out the 'worst-case scenario'. Don't get too hung up on the exact number of sims you'll get, how they're weighted, etc. Instead, focus on making sure you've labbed and studied every topic covered on the exam. Compared to the work a CCNA certified tech does every day, the sims are a cakewalk, so if you've done the lab-work you really won't have that much trouble on the exam.

Slowhand is 100% right.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    nkillgorenkillgore Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote: »

this is the best advice you'll get all day.

I was so happy every time I came to a sim because they were the easiest part of the test.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info and will implement the advice!
  • Options
    PuffyPuffy Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The sims are pretty straightforward. Nothing to worry about.