Options

Is there really no maximum limit of routers in GNS3?

CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
Googled this and it would seem that there isn't but... Seems like when my topology gets to 9 ~ 10 routers, some of them act as if they are other devices in the topology. Example. Say I have router a and b. If I console in to router b, it brings up the session for router a and I end up configuring router a. It's a real pain too and the only problem I've got with GNS3. If I shutdown router a and try consoling into router b, I get the windows error chime noise and nothing happens as its for some reason trying to access router a's session.

My desktop has 8GB of RAM (Not sure if its an issue but I mention it in case someone asks )
And I've got an i5 which doesn't ever seem to be put under any load when running all of these routers at once.

Note: They're all using a 2691 IOS image

EDIT: Looking at this further, when looking in the NET file, the routers giving me the problem both have a console port of 2012 configured. Am I supposed to be manually changing this value myself to have more routers in my topology?

EDIT # 2: Got it fixed by manually changing the console port number in the .net file!! Is this what needs to be done all the time from here on?
Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens

Comments