Options

MCITP Virtualization Exams 70-669 & 70-659

Tommy_DTommy_D Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all! I was just told my boss today I have to take and pass the 70-659 and 70-669 Exams by May 31st for our companies MS partnership.... I looked through the forum listing and it doesn't seem like there is a forum for these exams. Has anyone taken these? Any recommendations on resources etc?

Comments

• Options
    NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Im sure your company is probably paying for your exams but if not, this promotion might be of interest to you for 70-659:

https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/virtualization-campaign.aspx?WT.mc_id=Virt_MSL_MSCOM_MCPOffers

Cutoff date is May 31st. I am considering taking advantage of this as long as I can finish my 70-642 with enough time to spare.
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    There's several members here who have passed the exams. If they're have you go for MCITP:VA don't you need the 70-693 as well? If you're not familiar with virtualization in general and Hyper-V + various related System Center components in particular then you're going to have a pretty rough time of it, especially with that short of a time frame. Definitely start practicing things in your lab and start going through the TechNet documentation. Make sure you have at least a bit of hands on time with every major technology covered.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mastering Microsoft Virtualization, from Sybex, covers those exams and several others (70-693, 70-403, 70-656).
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    2 tests in 7 weeks is definitely do able for the MCITP:VA track. They dont have you doing 693 also?
  • Options
    Tommy_DTommy_D Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry for the loooooooong delay, at tha tpoint in time I was pretty wrapped up in my studies :). I wanted to say thanks for all the advice and links, as it was incrediblly helpful. I passed 70-659 with easy before the May 31st deadline, and then they extended 669 to the end of the year. I'm now picking it back up to hopefully pass by then. For whatever reason they didn't include 693 but I'm going to ask to do that one next year to hopefully finally get my MCITP instead of all the random exams they've had me take!