Passed ICND1!

jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
Hi everyone, first time poster, long time lurker.

Finally buckled down and took my ICND1 today, passed with an 850. Not a great score, but it was passing and I know why I didn't do better.

I was coming down to the wire on my 50% voucher that I got from doing the Cisco Academy at the local community college, and really didn't want to lose out on it. I crammed and refreshed for 6 days straight, did tons of practice tests and labs, and spent a good while poring over the posts on this board. Thanks to anyone who has ever posted tips and tricks and helpful hints, you all helped me get the score I got today!

One down, one to go! End of June hopefully and I'll be able to take my ICND2.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrat on your passing ICND1 !!!!!icon_thumright.gif
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • BobbyDCBobbyDC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Are any of the labs and practice test online and something you can share? ;)

I'll be taking the ICND1 in a couple of weeks.
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'll be taking ICND2 tomorrow evening, I hope I come back with the same good news!
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • AintRiteAintRite Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.
    WGU - BS: IT Security...in progress
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations and good luck with the next one.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! Man I'm slacking.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Your signature always reminds me of "Let's get this on like Donkey Kong" :P
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• SponxSponx Member Posts: 161
    If you can post what study materials you actually use besides the forums/tests that would be awesome!

Congratulations on the pass!
    Personal Website | LinkedIn Account | Spiceworks Account | Field Services Engineer

Certifications (Held): A+, CWP, Dell Certified
    Certifications (Studying):
    Network+, Security+
    Certifications (In Planning): Server+,
    ICND1 (CCENT), ICND2 (CCNA)
  • borco1954borco1954 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congradulations. I will be taking the test tomorrow.

I just have two questions that seem to be avoided by almost everyone..

1)Are subjects in the ICND1 curriculum handled different amongst authors?
    2)And are there really areas covered in the ICND1 exam which is the subjec to ICND2?

Would really appreciate an honest answer.

Best Regards
    JT
    Hi everyone, first time poster, long time lurker.

Finally buckled down and took my ICND1 today, passed with an 850. Not a great score, but it was passing and I know why I didn't do better.

I was coming down to the wire on my 50% voucher that I got from doing the Cisco Academy at the local community college, and really didn't want to lose out on it. I crammed and refreshed for 6 days straight, did tons of practice tests and labs, and spent a good while poring over the posts on this board. Thanks to anyone who has ever posted tips and tricks and helpful hints, you all helped me get the score I got today!

One down, one to go! End of June hopefully and I'll be able to take my ICND2.

Thanks everyone!