Options

Help with Email

telthenippertelthenipper Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Hi have a win2k3 Domain Controller which is connected to 3 PC via an ethernet switch.

What I want to do is have a program running on the DC that collects all my the emails for all the my various email accounts on my ISP's email server and then I want Outlook on the 3 client PC to connect to the DC to dowload my emails from the DC instead of downloading straight from the ISP's email server which is whats happening now and then distrubute the emails it's downloaded to my 3 PCs I don't really want to go down the MS Exchange root as thats far too complex for my needs.

Is this possible?

Does anyone know of a program that I can install on my DC that will achieve the above?

Many thanks in advance,

Terry

Comments

• Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Setup a distribution lists and add accounts to them via your isp...eg. sales@xyz.com members: alan, bill, carla, mgr

All 4 members receives all emails sent to sales@xyz.com

Use each member individual email accounts for direct contact, you can setup outlook to use the from button that can include the account sales@xyz.com as the sender.
    What next?
  • Options
    nate_lewisnate_lewis Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Download a copy of Proxy+ (proxy plus) and install that on your server. You can set it to download emails from several different accounts and store them on the server until a client send & receives. Very handy if your have massive emails and a slow connection. Bonus being free too (downloads.com).