Options

Greetings & Salutations. First time posting on TE...

SoondubuSoondubu Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I've been a long time observer of the threads here on TE and finally decided to make my first post. A little about myself, I'm a newly minted CCNA, which I studied for 10 years and finally grew the balls to attempt. For the past four years, I have worked in a NOC for a large Telecommunications company based in the UK. During this time, I have had little to no experience in dealing with Cisco equipment/config. The platform I am assigned to deals with routing calls across the PSTN and is essentially a legacy product. My experience in operations has been both hot and cold. On one side, I learned a lot and made some fantastic connections. On the other, Management is horrible and they don't encourage growth in one's career. As a matter of fact, passing my CCNA was seen as a sign of wanting to leave the company and I was told not to study at work any longer. Granted I only did so when there was down time, and trust me there was plenty of it.

That all being said, I was finally made an offer for employment as a Jr. Network Engineer with a large entertainment company here in the US. I gave my letter of resignation to my director today and let me tell ya, his head almost exploded with anger. He hardly even accepted it. So to all my fellow tech's out there studying for CCNA, I encourage you to keep working hard and doing your best. As long as you know your stuff, it pays off in the end. I am currently studying for CCNP and hope to finish by the end of this year. Good luck to everyone and greetings to you once again.

Comments