Options

PDU unable to send :(

mindzfreakmindzfreak Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello fellows out there! i've got a bit of a problem... and its getting on my nerves..:O My objective is to be able to send a PDU from PC3 to PC2 *through HQ*. So it must go though HQ to reach PC2. I've done the static route (exit interface) for B3 to reach HQ and a static route (exit interface) for HQ to reach B2. After all that, when i tried to send the PDU from pc3 to pc2, it still doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated :O

http://www.mediafire.com/?r26nt4e6o64ndph

Comments

• Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Looks to me like your problem lies in your default administrative distances. Since B2 is a directly connected network it has an AD of 0. Since you are trying to set up static routing (which I don't even see any on B3), static has an AD of 1. The router will always pick the route with the lowest administrative distance, basically negating your static route if you had one, because a directly connected up/up link is considered to be the most trustworthy.
  • Options
    zrockstar wrote: »
    Looks to me like your problem lies in your default administrative distances. Since B2 is a directly connected network it has an AD of 0. Since you are trying to set up static routing (which I don't even see any on B3), static has an AD of 1. The router will always pick the route with the lowest administrative distance, basically negating your static route if you had one, because a directly connected up/up link is considered to be the most trustworthy.

Hey my friend.. i don't quite get what you actually trying to say.. and what you meant by " Since you are trying to set up static routing (which I don't even see any on B3)" there's a static routing on b3. its an exit interface static routing. dont quite get what you meant friend.. :s
  • Options
    You meant, if i want to send the PDU from pc 3 to pc 2 *Through HQ* i can ONLY use default route on b3 to hq ? only can use default route ?
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Router>show ip ro
    Codes: C - connected, S - static, I - IGRP, R - RIP, M - mobile, B - BGP
    D - EIGRP, EX - EIGRP external, O - OSPF, IA - OSPF inter area
    N1 - OSPF NSSA external type 1, N2 - OSPF NSSA external type 2
    E1 - OSPF external type 1, E2 - OSPF external type 2, E - EGP
    i - IS-IS, L1 - IS-IS level-1, L2 - IS-IS level-2, ia - IS-IS inter area
    * - candidate default, U - per-user static route, o - ODR
    P - periodic downloaded static route

Gateway of last resort is not set

30.0.0.0/24 is subnetted, 1 subnets
    C 30.30.30.0 is directly connected, FastEthernet0/0
    80.0.0.0/30 is subnetted, 2 subnets
    C 80.80.80.0 is directly connected, Serial1/0
    C 80.80.80.4 is directly connected, Serial0/1

Maybe you didn't upload your latest PKT file, because that is the output I get for your B3 router. Just connected networks, no routes.
  • Options
    zrockstar wrote: »
    Router>show ip ro
    Codes: C - connected, S - static, I - IGRP, R - RIP, M - mobile, B - BGP
    D - EIGRP, EX - EIGRP external, O - OSPF, IA - OSPF inter area
    N1 - OSPF NSSA external type 1, N2 - OSPF NSSA external type 2
    E1 - OSPF external type 1, E2 - OSPF external type 2, E - EGP
    i - IS-IS, L1 - IS-IS level-1, L2 - IS-IS level-2, ia - IS-IS inter area
    * - candidate default, U - per-user static route, o - ODR
    P - periodic downloaded static route

Gateway of last resort is not set

30.0.0.0/24 is subnetted, 1 subnets
    C 30.30.30.0 is directly connected, FastEthernet0/0
    80.0.0.0/30 is subnetted, 2 subnets
    C 80.80.80.0 is directly connected, Serial1/0
    C 80.80.80.4 is directly connected, Serial0/1

Maybe you didn't upload your latest PKT file, because that is the output I get for your B3 router. Just connected networks, no routes.

Well i myself didn't see the routes when i input " Show Ip Route ". But i did configured a static route (exit interface) on b3 to reach hq. Perhaps you can check on the config tab > Routing > Static. There you can see. But why doesn't show when we input "SHow ip route" ? thats weird...